5 Boston Activities to Get You in the Mood for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the winter months behind us and with spring flying by, before we know it it’ll be summer here in Boston. And while summer means sun, sand, heat, and being constantly outside, spring is the time when we ease back into warm weather and finally start doing things outdoors. Try one (or all) of these five fun Boston activities to get you and your friends in the outdoorsy mood and to get all of you ready for the summer that’s quickly approaching!

1. Take a Duck Tour

Whether you’re from Boston or not, everyone knows about the Boston Duck Tours. They’re so fun and a perfect activity for a nice spring day. They take you all around the city on land and then drive right into the water for a scenic water-tour. The tour guides are always hilarious and it makes for a really fun afternoon whether you’ve been on one before or not!

2.     Go Shopping on Newbury Street

It has definitely been a while since anyone was able to walk in and out of stores and up and down Newbury with a vest, sunglasses and Sperry’s! Now’s the time to get back out there and enjoy a warm spring day out and about and spending some money on some new spring and summer apparel!

3.     Get Ice Cream in Coolidge Corner

If you’ve never been to Coolidge Corner you’re definitely missing out on everything Boston has to offer! Coolidge Corner is a really cute area with restaurants, shops, and ice cream! You can probably walk, but the Green Line is even easier with a stop right in middle of Coolidge Corner. There really is nothing better than sitting outside with some ice cream from J.P. Licks on a warm spring afternoon or night!

4.     Go to a Red Sox Game

Our very own World Champions are back and action at Fenway Park! With the season just starting there are plenty of opportunities for you and your friends to grab some cheap grandstand or standing room tickets and catch a game! Nothing says summer or spring like a beautiful day at Fenway Park, and with it right in our BU backyards, there’s no excuse not to see a game this spring!

5.     Eat Outside in the North End

The weather is finally nice enough for the cute cafes and restaurants in the North End to start opening their windows and for people to start eating outside. There are so many awesome places to eat in the North End and almost all of them have cute outdoor patios for eating out in the warm weather. And who says you can’t swing by Mike’s Pastry on the way home for some cannolis?

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.