This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For the last half of 2020, I’ve been very behind on the new book releases, but with winter break coming up I think I’ll finally be able to get to some of the ones I’ve missed out on so far. I know I won’t be able to get any reading done during finals, so I’m counting down the days until the semester is over and I can dive into some of these very hyped-up books. 

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

This book has gotten so much hype on the internet because of its ability to draw readers from multiple genres. This story is about a girl named Addie LaRue who makes a deal to become immortal, but with one catch: every person she meets forgets her immediately after she leaves. That is until one boy remembers her. This book has gotten the attention of many fantasy readers, but also romance readers, so I am excited to see if it is worth all of the hype it has been receiving.

Crazy Stupid Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adam

This is the third installment in Lyssa Kay Adam’s Bromance Book Club Series, which have all been such a joy to read. This book came out in late October but I have not been able to get to it yet, despite hearing amazing things about it. If you have not yet picked up this series, I would highly recommend it!

In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren

Christina Lauren is a very famous author duo that writes the perfect rom coms that are both endearing and hilarious. This Christmas love story seems to be like a Hallmark movie in a book format and I cannot think of a better time to jump into a story like this one.

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout

As a romance reader, I’m always hesitant to step outside my genre of choice but similar to the Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, this novel seems to be pulling the attention of romance readers as well as fantasy readers. I’ve read a few Jennifer L. Armentrout books in the past, but they have all been contemporary romance stories, so I am excited to see her take on a fantasy romance.

One Hot Italian Summer by Karina Halle

Lastly, this is a story that I’ve been dying to get to since it came out in July but, unfortunately, I have not had the time. I plan on reading this cuddled up in a blanket, while it’s super cold outside. I can’t wait to live vicariously through the main character who is living in Italy for a summer. I don’t think it’ll be quite the same as living in Italy but I’m hoping for all of those same feelings.

With the semester coming to the end, we’ll finally have time to relax and get to all of these books that we haven’t had time for!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hello, I'm Maura! I'm a pre-med junior at Boston University who obsessively reads romance books and watches The Bachelor. Somehow, I turned my her campus articles into my own personal book blog, so I hope you enjoy the bookish content! Let's be friends on goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/mauradelaney