The 5 Best Moments from the “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The cast of Stars Hollow is officially back on November 25th. As if we weren’t anticipating this revival enough, the official trailer has finally been released. Here are 5 of the best moments from the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life trailer if you haven’t watched it already (and if you haven’t, what are you waiting for?):

1. The more things have changed, the more they’ve stayed the same

A lot of time may have passed since we last saw the lovable characters of Gilmore Girls, but much has stayed the same. Rory and Lorelai still have the same adorable, witty banter that we know and love, and still roam Stars Hollow drinking coffee. Luke is still disgusted with their endless stomachs, Taylor is seen running town meetings with gusto, Michel is still his sarcastic self, and Sookie is still making us laugh with her clumsiness and awesome sense of humor.

2. Rory and her Vagabond Experience

Coming as a bit of a shock, Rory is not a successful journalist (at least not yet). She tells Jess she had no credit, or underwear for that matter. Instead, she is taking time to be “rootless” and is seen travelling in Europe and presumably figuring her life out. This seems like a strong plot choice, as it will be interesting for viewers to watch Rory transform and find her path in life.

3. Dean, and Jess, and Logan, oh my!

All three of Rory’s former boyfriends are seen in the trailer. Most notably is Jess, who adorably tells Rory that she’s “still a contender” despite being jobless. My prediction is that she ends up with Jess. Why else would he be the most featured in the trailer…?

4) Emily is Finding Joy

The tragic death of Edward Herrmann earlier this year left for some upsetting questions about what would happen in the revival. Emily is seen de-cluttering her life, and also has a portrait of Richard covering the entire wall. Clearly we will see Emily go through a transformative period as well, and we are sure to shed some tears when our favorite on-screen grandfather is not at the dinner table.

5. Kirk…at Friday Night Dinner?

This last one is a little odd, but awesome. Kirk makes an appearance at what seems to be a Friday night dinner, in typical intrusive Kirk fashion (some things really haven’t changed).

Sara Frazier is currently a freshman in the College of Communication at Boston University. In addition to writing, she is also passionate about coffee, Gilmore Girls, online shopping, and all things awesome. She hopes to one day pursue writing professionally, either as a journalist or screenwriter (it's okay not to have it figured out yet, right?), and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.