4 Ways You Could Be Decorating Your Door For Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While you’re trying to pick out your Halloween costume and make your spooky plans, don’t forget to decorate your door! These ideas will add some fright to your floor. 

1. Spider Webs 

String your door with a web from CVS and the little plastic spiders it comes with, or anything you want! Sparkly spiders, twinkling lights, tiny ghosts, or eyes are all great ideas! 

2. A Monster 

This deocr is easy, simple, and cheap! You just need tape, paper, and scissors. Ghosts, mummies, jack o’ lanterns, and Frankenstein’s monster will all make a big impact on your hall!

3. Wreath 

Classy and elegant, wreaths aren’t just for Christmas! Pick one up at Target or go to the craft store and make your own. Make sure to check Pinterest for ideas!

4. A Message 

If it is unease you want to instill rather than laughs and smiles, try posting a message on your door— nothing too intense, but a gravestone with skeletal hands is always a nice touch. 

The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating for the most frightening of festivities! Be sure to check to see if your dorm is having a door decorating contest. Happy Halloween collegiettes! 

Sarah is a freshman at Boston University, although she took two years off before starting college. She is currently undeclared. She loves to write, and her other interests include reading, music, style, fandoms, and the ever dangerous penchant for online shopping. Rapunzel is her favorite Disney princess, and one of Sarah's greatest moments was meeting her and getting her autograph. She is a Hufflepuff, doesn't drink coffee (gasp!), and collects fuzzy socks.
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis