Style

4 Female-Owned Products For College Students

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As college students, it can sometimes be a struggle to find the products we need, so here’s a handy list of brands founded and owned by women. Whether you’re looking for skin care or activewear, this list can help you find a brand created for a good cause!

Hyper Skin

The CEO of Hyper Skin, Desiree Verdejo, founded the brand due to a lack of products that could effectively treat her hyperpigmentation and hormonal acne, according to a CNN Underscored article.

Historically, the needs and nuances associated with products for darker skin tones have been ignored, so Hyper Skin caters to all skin colors, but especially black and brown skin. Hyper Skin sells a treatment serum, a cleansing gel, and an AHA mask, with individual products ranging from $28-$48.

You can shop or explore the brand further by clicking here

Partake

Partake is a packaged snack brand founded by Denise Woodward for those with severe dietary restrictions. According to an NBC News Select article, the brand began in 2016 when Woodward set out to fix the lack of allergen-friendly snacks for her daughter.

Today, Partake sells a variety of soft-baked cookies, crunchy cookies, snack packs, and breakfast mixes free of eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, artificial flavors and preservatives, soy, and GMOs. This product can come in handy for college students who struggle to find allergen-friendly snacks with their meal plan and need a treat for an on-the-go activity.

Partake products are sold at Target, Whole Foods, and more. You can access their website by clicking here.

Girlfriend Collective

When Ellie Dinh struggled to find women’s leggings that were both eco-friendly and ethically made, she founded Girlfriend Collective. Dinh fixed this problem by creating a brand of women’s activewear founded on principles of ethical manufacturing, transparency, recycled fabrics, and eco-friendly packaging.

Not only are the brand’s leggings keeping plastic bottles and fishnets from damaging our oceans, but they are also squat-proof, sturdy, and sweat-wicking! Sizing in Girlfriend Collective activewear ranges from XXS to 6XL. The products include sweatsuits, joggers, sports bras, hoodies, and more.

You can shop Girlfriend Collective by clicking here.

The Honey Pot Company

Beatrice Dixon founded The Honey Pot Company to provide affordable feminine care products made exclusively from plant-derived ingredients. As the website says, the brand is “Made by humans with vaginas, for humans with vaginas.”

The brand sells products such as pads, wipes, tampons, sprays, and natural washes – all with straightforward ingredient lists. In fact, you can learn more about each ingredient the brand uses on The Honey Pot Company website.

The products are clinically tested, gynecologist-approved, cruelty-free, and hypoallergenic. According to a Forbes article, you can find Honey Pot products at your local Target, Walmart, Urban Outfitters, Walgreens, and more!

You can shop this brand online or learn more by clicking here.

All of these products are founded on strong principles and genuine intentions. Hopefully at least one of them can serve a purpose or offer inspiration to you!

Sania Sadarangani is a writer and editor in the Her Campus Boston University chapter. Some of her writing focuses include uplifting the endeavors of women in male-dominated fields, cultivating healthy self-care habits, and preparing college women for managing post-grad finances. Outside of Her Campus, Sania is pursuing an Economics major and an Innovation & Entrepreneurship minor. One of her most rewarding professional experiences was working as a Credit Intern in the US CFO Department of LG Electronics North America. Beyond her passion for journalism, Sania’s career interests include financial risk analytics and antitrust litigation. Outside of academics, Sania is an active member and mentor for the BU Undergraduate Women in Economics club, and loves all conversations social psychology-related, the show New Girl, and long walks.