4 Book Series Recommendations for Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When we suddenly have a big lump of free time, most of us have no clue what to do. But what better way to de-stress than with a great series to read throughout the holidays. Here are a few recommendations for you to read this holiday break. 

1. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

The series follows Celaena Sardothien, feared assassin, from the kingdom of Adralan. She is a kickass protagonist who is this strong, capable heroine. A thrilling series for anyone who has a soft spot for a teenager whose trying to find her way in the world… who happens to be a world-class assassin. No biggie. 

2. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi

This dystopian romance novel features Juliette Ferrars, a 17-year-old girl with a touch that paralyzes and kills. It’s a great combination of action and romance and perfect for those who love a romance that’s not simply sugar and spice and everything nice. 

3. The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin

Beginning with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer,” the series revolves around the teenage Mara Dyer who wakes up in the hospital with no memory of how she got there. A psychological thriller coupled with romance, the fast-pace action will keep you on the edge of your seat. It’s a series filled with plot twists that endlessly blow your mind.

The first three series all featured incredible female protagonists and while the last on the series does the same, it takes on a different approach with its wide range of P.O.V characters. 

4.  A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin

If you have the time, you should definitely give this series a read because it’s a combination of fantasy, adventure, thrill and romance all bundled into one. With a vast cast of characters and an incredibly in-depth world full of lore and history, this epic fantasy rivals the classic Lord of the Rings. The only downside to this series is the incredibly long wait for the upcoming novels.

So there’s four amazing series for you to try out this Winter Break. So snuggle up with a cup of tea and read to your heart’s content. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.