4 Amazing Non-Fiction Books Written By Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Women’s History Month is the perfect time for appreciating all the phenom females who have paved the way for all of us to thrive. If you find yourself running out of ways to celebrate this month, we’re giving you four non-fiction books that will have you feeling empowered and inspired.

“Becoming” by Michelle Obama

Do you miss the Obamas? Wish you were watching Michelle be graceful as ever doing the most for our country instead of dreading the latest news update? Well, this read is for you. “Becoming” is a memoir published by the former First Lady that goes through the highlights of her life, from her time in the White House to her early years. It’s guaranteed to make you laugh, cry, and want to carry on Mrs. Obama’s great legacy.

“I Might Regret This” by Abbi Jacobson

If you’re a Broad City stan and love the relatability of our “kweens,” then this Abbi Jacobson book is for you. “I Might Regret This” follows one-half of the comedy duo as she journeys across America from coast to coast and comes to terms with the end of her series and a romantic relationship. It’s a celebration of the messiness of life and Jacobson reminds us through her semi-life crisis that having it all together isn’t and shouldn’t be that easy.

“Bossypants” by Tina Fey

If you thrive off people confusing your girl boss mentality with a b*tchy attitude, then you will find comfort in “Bossypants.” Tina Fey uses her iconic humor to address internet haters and the hardships of being an HBIC in this read. In Fey’s anecdotes, she gives a voice to awkward girls like her that are trying to survive the pressure to be social media-worthy. You’ll be laughing for days while learning new ways to fight the urge to let the bastards get you down.

“The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo

We’ve watched the Netflix hit show and have practiced saying goodbye to items that once sparked joy. Though it seems like we truly get Marie Kondo’s whole life philosophy, “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” gives us access to a whole new level of Kondo mania. In decluttering your living space and making more efficient use of what you have, Kondo reveals that your life in all its hectic glory will also find itself a bit more organized.

Have a favorite non-fiction book written by a woman? Feel free to share it with us.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.