22 Facebook Pages to Like

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Studying for final exams is never fun. We have to dig back to first day’s notes, make a 100-page study guide, isolate ourselves from any distractions, and hope for the best. We loathe them (finals), but we can’t pass the class without them.

As we dive into our study routines, we must remember to schedule time for ourselves. When studying for 12 hours straight, it is imperative that we break away from the books and free our minds. A common “escape” tool is Facebook (You know it’s true). Isolation can cause serious separation anxiety. Facebook is a drug. We need it, crave it, and rely on it for its information seven days a week. So what’s the point I am trying to make? Find entertainment through Facebook Pages.

On Facebook, there are various Pages related to news, music, celebrities, etc. Practically anything. The fun of “liking” pages is the individual pages’ news feed postings. Some pages will post a funny meme, an inspirational quote, or a pressing news update. Lucky for us, BU has its own branch of personalized pages and the City of Boston has many pages to enjoy as well. Besides Boston-related pages, there are a few outsider pages that are worth a like.

So when you decide to break away from your studies, take the time to check out the pages listed. You might learn something interesting on one page and/or just find something completely hilarious on another! 

1. Boston UniversityLike it and show your school some love. BU will give the love right back by posting on-campus news stories and upcoming events.

2. Dean Kenn ElmoreHe who shall be named. You probably follow him on Twitter already. All of Dean Kenneth Elmore’s posts are motivational and relevant.

3. Boston University Student Health ServicesYou might feel uncomfortable by just looking at the profile picture, but the Fairy knows his/her stuff. 

4. BU SnapchatsThis page has gotten some publicity in the papers. BU Snapchats selects the best photos and some will have you chuckling.

5. BU ConfessionIf you want to learn more about your college peers, this is the place. A guilty pleasure perhaps…

6. BU Buzz“Boston University’s Lifestyle Magazine.” It is a magazine written by students for students. Receive and read great stories!

7. butv10Boston University’s broadcasting station. Get your latest headlines from shows such as “The Wire” and “Good Morning BU”. Besides news, there are sports, game, and drama shows to enjoy.

8. BU Student ActivitiesWhat’s not to love?

9. Individual CollegesCAS? COM? CGS? Like and support your specific school! Find out what’s happening beyond the classroom.

10. Humans of Boston University (HOBU)If you’re a fan of HONY, then you know the layout of this page. If not, the page title is basically what it is. Read a short quote by a student and get to know him or her for who she or he is. Who knows, you might recognize somebody!

11. Portraits of BostonThis page is the same idea as HOBU, but a tad different. Instead of students, you get to know the stories of individual people roaming about Boston. As you read one post after the other, the city will feel smaller and smaller, but in a good way.

12. BostInnoBe IN-the-know about the Boston culture! Wouldn’t you want to know about a food truck festival?

13. Boston Calendar“Events that don’t suck happening around Boston.” Posts include shout outs of events (mostly free) that are scheduled in a single day.

14. Boston Center of the ArtsIf you support the Arts, then this page is for you!

15. BuzzFeedNo introduction necessary. Beware of non-stop, fun loving quizzes.

16.Upworthy Upworthy is known for its outrageous, yet appealing story headlines. It is hard to resist a click.

17. ADWEEKIf you get a kick out of advertisements, then look no further. This page posts emotional, inspiring, and/or witty ads throughout the week. For Advertising majors, this page is the Bible. 

18. SomeecardsEvery time you log in to Facebook, get greeted by cards for every occasion. These greeting cards are not ordinary cards, which makes them entertaining reads. You may be familiar with these colorful cards.

19. Entertainment WeeklyAvoid being out of the loop of the Hollywood life.

20. Best Vines7 seconds and you’re hooked. Like at your own risk (it is the best though)

21. The New YorkerA cartoon a day drives the stress away! If you want a good laugh, flip to the “Shouts and Murmurs” section online.

22. Her Campus.com/Her Campus Boston UniversityNO QUESTION!

If there are other pages that you want your peers to know about and LIKE, leave a comment below! 

My name is Sam and I'm a junior at Boston University in the dual degree program studying economics and business administration. Along with being the Co-President of Her Campus BU, I'm also the campus representative for Victoria's Secret PINK at BU! I'm obsessed with Boston, but I'm originally from New York and hope to live in NYC after I graduate. I love being with my friends & family, shopping, and travelling!