Roommates—you either love them or hate them, but there is no denying they know you pretty well. My current roommate has seen me sick, sobbing, sloppy, and still loves me the same. When you find someone who you share a bond with 24/7, it’s pretty hard to not get close. There are some signs, however, that you and your roommate might be too close.
1) You share almost everything
My roommate is roughly half my size and six inches shorter than me, so most of my clothes are not an option. Everything else from nail polish to accessories is fair game.
2) There are no qualms about nakedness
It is totally chill to be naked while having a conversation.
3) You know the password to her phone, computer, and social media accounts
Me to my roommate (at some point): “If I die, delete anything my mom can’t see.”
4) You know her family and frequently ask about them
My whole suite was overly invested in my roommate’s little sister’s college acceptances.
5) You know each other’s schedules as well as you know your own
If one of you cuts class, the other one knows immediately. Your other half will tell you to get back to studying for the exam that’s coming up at the end of the week.
6) You’ve definitely lectured each other on bad decisions
She knows when to sugarcoat it and when to tell it like it is, even if you don’t want to hear it.
7) You’ve probably peed in front of each other
It happens, either at an overcrowded frat party or just because you were in the middle of a conversation.
8) You’ve crammed into the same twin XL to browse Pinterest together or watch cute videos of babies
“Okay, this is what my wedding color scheme will be. I hope you like black cause all my bridesmaids will be in black.”
9) Any time one of you leaves for more than a day there’s a heartfelt goodbye.
10) You text each other that you miss each other even though it’s been maybe a few hours
11) You don’t know what you would do without her
No matter how close you get with your roommate, unless you have her social security number memorized, it’s not too close.