Spring Events in and around Bryn Mawr

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

You’ve probably got May Day (Sunday, May 5) on your radar, but are you looking for other ways to procrastinate (or relax!) before and during finals season? Here are three fun events to attend for an afternoon or night away from the library:

1. Swarthmore Food Truck-A-Thon – April 26: The Swarthmore Co-op, an organic grocery store, organizes two food truck-a-thons twice a year where many Philadelphia-area food trucks gather for a night in town to serve the community. The trucks are a quick walk from Swarthmore College or the Swarthmore train station, and remember to bring cash so you can enjoy trying some interesting and tasty treats.
  2. Clover Market in Bryn Mawr – April 28: Clover Market happens twice a year as well—once in the fall and once in the spring. While it also has some delicious offerings from food trucks, the Market is a great place to find handmade or vintage gifts for your family, your friends, or yourself! Like with the Truck-A-Thon, you’ll want to have some cash on hand.
  3. Tri-Co Film Festival – May 9: The Film Festival features original documentary and fiction short films by students from Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore. It’s a great way to relax a bit between studying for exams and writing papers, while also supporting your classmates’ and friends’ hard work!
Madison Cassidy

Bryn Mawr '19

English major, class of 2019. Avid reader, fan of fluffy animals, devourer of film and television journalism and critique, and often searching for the best cheap eats.
Maria Bohan

Bryn Mawr '21

I'm a Bryn Mawr College junior who still gets excited about the little things in life. English major/Education minor.