Meet Sophia Fredo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Pronouns: She/her

Major: History, Archeology

Class: 2019

Photo courtesy of Sophia Fredo

What’s something people should know about you?

I have a twin brother. He goes to Trinity in CT and he’s my best friend. (I’m older though :) ) I’ve also been to 27 countries!

What’s something people should know about you? -answered by a friend

Sophia is the funniest person I’ve met. She can always make anyone laugh. And she’s really good at cracking backs! – Shelby Hoogland.

Why did you choose Bryn Mawr, and why did you choose to stay?

I stepped on campus and I fell in love. At the beginning of my senior year of high school, I was deciding between Barnard and Bryn Mawr and BMC just felt right. I’m so happy to have spent 2.5 years here and am excited for the rest of this semester and next year.

What activities are you involved with on campus?

I’m a Hall Advisor, in the knitting club and participate with organizing traditions on the dorm level.

What are some of your hobbies?

Knitting, cooking and baking, traveling and listening to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald.

What are you currently obsessed with?

I’m obsessed with doing the daily crossword in the New York Times! I make sure to do it every day – it’s become a healing and self-care thing I do. Also obsessed with the show Kurt Seyit and Sura on Netflix. I got really into it over winter break and I keep watching it.

What’s your favorite way to relax?

I relax by spending time alone in my room watching Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix and eating cheese and crackers. And napping!

What are some things you’re up to, and how can we support you?

I participated in the BMC 360 Foodways and Migration and we left for Greece on March 8. Please follow the 360 Instagram – I ran it for the duration of our trip.

Anything else you’d like the Bryn Mawr community to know about you?

I’m very friendly! I love talking to people! Come talk to me :)

Thank you for your time Sophia!

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.