absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Healthy Foods to Snack on While Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

I’m definitely someone who needs to snack while studying to keep myself awake. If you’re like me, continue reading! All these snacks are relatively healthy and you can get them in the dining hall or grocery stores nearby like Trader Joe’s!

Greek yogurt and granola or chia seeds

Packed with probiotics that help the immune system and the stomach, Greek yogurt has been an all-time favorite healthy food for many people. It’s also rich in protein, which builds muscle and hair. You can add granola or chia seeds to add extra flavor and texture! Chia seeds are full of antioxidants and protein as well and add a fun texture to Greek yogurt.

Dark chocolate covered espresso beans

Dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants that help your immune system and help release dopamine and serotonin: happy chemicals in the brain. With espresso beans, not only do they taste amazing, but they also keep you awake at night when you have to stay awake without too much caffeine!

Apple with peanut butter or almond butter

Apple is filled with vitamins, antioxidants and fiber that are healthy and necessary for your body. Topped with protein-rich peanut butter or almond butter, it’s a perfect healthy snack to eat while studying. If you are allergic to nuts, you can also eat it plain or with Nutella or caramel!

Popcorn

Contrary to popular belief that popcorn is unhealthy, popcorn actually has 4 grams of fiber! You can always top popcorn with cheese, cinnamon, sugar or chili powder. Boom Chicka Pop and Skinnypop use less butter and are gluten-free for those who have dietary restrictions. They also have many flavors including holiday flavors such as sweet and sour, candy corn, pumpkin spice and buttery caramel.

Grilled cheese

Cheese is flavorful and is full of protein and calcium which is good for your muscles and bones. When making grilled cheese, try to use whole wheat or gluten-free bread to obtain fiber and lower the calorie intake.

All of these are good healthy choices, but it’s also important to treat yourself once in a while! Stay strong, get the necessary nutrients for your body and eat well. You got this!!

Diana Beninati

Bryn Mawr '21

Bryn Mawr College 2021