This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Seeing Family

Obviously this is at the top of our list. Our families work so hard to send us to Bryant, so it’s great to go home and show our appreciation. Nothing is better than getting that big bear hug when you walk in the door after being away for three months.

Home-cooked Meals

Salmo is starting to take a toll on all of us, and Nick’s can only do so much to dull the pain. We’re definitely ready to get back to those home-cooked meals like great grandma’s pasta sauce or uncle’s pulled pork recipes. Honestly, nothing gets better than eating on the couch in your pj’s at home.

Catching Up With Friends

Seriously, it’s been three months with nothing but spotty facetimes (thanks BryFi) and text rants about what happened that weekend, we need to see our friends. That moment when your friend is picking you up and you hop in the car for the first time since the summer is one of the best feelings, because no one gets you as much as your hometown bff does.

Football

Okay, it may not be everyone’s favorite sport, but you have to admit that putting on your favorite scarf and grabbing a hot chocolate on your way to your high school’s game is kind of fun. It’s like a social event to see people that you wouldn’t necessarily text while also sporting your pride for the town you grew up in.

Your Own Bed

No restless roommate, no early classes, just your own bed to crash on. Seriously, what gets better than that? As cozy as your bed at school may be, nothing beats your outdated sheets and watching Netflix with no headphones on.

Lounging Around

Netflix and chill with yourself  for half a week straight. There’s no deadlines, no meetings to attend, no physical need to leave the house. If you need us, you can find us wearing our oldest sweats, in bed, with a face mask eating a jar of nutella.

Watching the Parade

Watching the Macy’s Parade is seriously one of the best things about Thanksgiving. We become nostalgic as we  judge all of the floats, like snoopy and Disney characters. Bonus points if you watch while you’re under multiple blankets and stuffing your face with snacks.

Not Wearing Shower Shoes

Seriously, there is into a more satisfying feeling than walking into your shower barefoot. Though you may not be completely sure about the last time it’s been scrubbed, at least you don’t have to worry about all of your suitemates feet and hair being on the floor. Clean those toes extra well this break.

Pets

Last, but most definitely not least, we at Her Campus are thrilled to get to see our furry friends next week. There’s hardly a better feeling than coming home after all these months here and getting to see your dog/cat/iguana/horse. Their unconditional love, and added cuteness, is honestly all that we need this break.

Senior at Bryant University