The Truth of Being a Picky Eater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1.     Everything off the kid’s menu still looks 100x better than anything you could order off the adult menu. 

2.     When someone asks you to go out to eat you start to panic because you know you most likely won’t like anything on the menu. You definitely need to know the restaurant’s name ahead of time so you can look up a menu and make sure there’s something you can eat.

3.     Even Chipotle seems adventurous to you. You probably order the cheese quesadilla off the kid’s menu because it’s just cheese and carbs. You wish you could eat cheese and carbs for every meal.

4.     Speaking of cheese and carbs, mac and cheese is always the best option. But you mostly stick to Annie’s and Kraft because no one makes it as well as they do. 

5.     Can’t forget about chicken fingers and fries though. If a restaurant has this, you’ll probably end up ordering it (even if it is off the kid’s menu).

6.     Buying a sandwich is always a struggle for you. You want a sandwich but you definitely don’t want all the extras like tomatoes and lettuce and mayonnaise. Who needs vegetables anyways?

7.     When it comes to the dining hall you stick to the basics: pasta and pizza. You aren’t too sure what they put in everything else and you don’t want to know.

8.     People don’t understand how you can love food but also be so picky. To you, it just makes sense.

9.      Your friends always judge you for your eating habits. 

Flora is a graduate from Bryant University with a major in communication. She moved to Boston after graduating and somehow is already 2 years post-grad. By day, she is a marketing associate but when she's not at the office she loves trying new foods, hunting for the latest trends, exploring the city, going to spin classes, and finding as many cute dogs to pet as possible! Follow her on Instagram @lifeisgoodman