Thoughts We All Have during the VS Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Image Credit

Every year Victoria’s Secret puts on their annual fashion show that showcases the new line of lingerie.  The show has become the number one most viewed fashion show around the world.  Many viewers watch the show simply because it has turned into an hour of entertainment.  Each year the theme of the fashion show changes, and the models wear themed costumes that dress up the lingerie.  This year it was all about fringe, feathers, poof, and sparkles (of course!).  Every year, Victoria’s Secret pushes the fashion boundaries and makes each show more spectacular.  During the duration of the fashion show, we all have the same thoughts…

Are the models always this energetic, or are they acting?

Image Credit

From the minute the fashion show starts, all the angels have high energy on and off the runway.  While getting ready for the next outfit backstage, the angels are hanging out, laughing, making faces to each other, and goofing off.  It makes you think, are the models actually having THIS much fun, or are they acting for the purpose of entertainment?

Backstage is Selfie Central

Image Credit

Image Credit

Image Credit

Image Credit

Countless selfies were taken backstage between wardrobe changes.  But honestly, if we were models in the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, we would be taking countless selfies too. Your hair and makeup are done professionally, and the lighting is perfect for the ultimate selfie to post to Instagram.

Why is Kendall even in this?

Image Credit

We all know Kendall from the Kardashian/Jenner family.  She has made much progress in her modeling career ans makes about $4 million a year.  Although she is not an angel, she looked like one.  Good job Kendall, you killed it!

We love Gigi Hadid

Image Credit

Gigi Hadid has become one of the most famous faces in the modeling industry, making about $2.5 million a year.  She looked amazingly fierce in every outfit she walked out in.

Selena Gomez is flawless

Image Credit

Selena Gomez slayed the fashion show.  She looked flawless in her performance as she sung “Hands to Myself” from her new album Revival. Selena fit into the show perfectly, looking like a model herself.

We want that…and that one…OH and that one…

Image Credit

It can’t be just us that loved every outfit.  We at Her Campus could definitely see ourselves wearing all of them.  Even if you don’t workout that much, you would probably buy the sports bras too.  Or maybe we all just have shopping problems, sorry bank account.

Regretting eating that large pizza all by yourself for dinner

Image Credit

Wow all the angles look so flawless in each outfit, as we’re sitting on the couch stuffed from that whole pizza. We should have had some vegetables or fruit with dinner.  Or maybe just should have eaten a salad…let’s be honest, we’re going to eat pizza over salad any day.

We should invest in a gym membership

Image Credit

Every angel works out every day to stay in top shape for big events such as the Annual Fashion Show.  Meanwhile, some of us don’t even know where the gym on campus is.  The models aren’t that much older than us, so maybe if we start a workout routine now, we could look like them.

Lily wore a bra underneath the 2 million dollar bra!

Image Credit

Lily Aldridge wore the two million dollar bra, BUT if you look closely, she is wearing another bra underneath it!  Maybe if Lily just wore the two million dollar bra, it would freezing, considering it is made up of 6,500 gems.  Also it probably can’t be too comfortable by itself.

Wow, it’s already over!?

Image Credit

What seems like has only been twenty minutes, but really before you know it, the show is over!  That didn’t even seem like an hour. We wish time flew like this when we’re at the gym.