Things Our Generation Needs More Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

So often we go through life forgetting about the little things that can change a person’s day. Here is a list of things that this world desperately needs more of, and they won’t even cost you a cent!

Hugs

It’s the most simple gift to give to someone who is sad, happy, excited, or depressed. It really it the easiest way to say “I’m here for you”, or “I care for you” without saying word.

Smiling

It’s the expression that warns people that you’re not a miserable person. It reminds people that you are a warm, welcoming human. Enough with the resting b*tch face, show them those pearly whites.

Kind Words

So often people forget their worth in the world, and even a simple “You look nice today” could change someone’s entire week.

Hello’s

It seems like every day all we ever hear is “goodbyes.” People cut others out of their lives more often than they welcome them in. Say hi, hello, hey, just enough with the goodbyes.

Respect

It’s not something that should have to be earned. It’s a simple task: we should all view everyone with the same amount of respect, until proven otherwise.

Charity work

So often people do community service only because it’s mandatory for whatever reason. We should be willing to go out into the world and help others who can barely help themselves.

Dogs

Everyone, at some point in their life, needs a dog to make them happy, even if it isn’t their own. Go to the animal shelter, pet a dog, it’ll change your day.

Chivalry

Yes, this word dates back to forever ago when the men did kind gestures for women, but this word reflects on both men and women. When a man opens the door for you, say thank you and make sure you hold that door for him as well.

Be educated

Not in the sense of going to college and getting a high degree, but be aware of what is happening in the world, even if it’s just a brief summary. Pretending to play dumb is not cute anyway. Education is the new sexy.

Human interactions

Lift your head from your phone, talk to the person sitting across from you, and enjoy each other’s presence. Life is more beautiful than the screen you’re staring at, we promise

Boston Ma. Undergraduate at Bryant University.