This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

February is the shortest month of the year, but with the weather we’ve been experiencing, it definitely feels like the longest. A snow storm every other day is enough to make anyone lose their mind. Yet, we can vaguely hear the icicles dripping outside the window and the water from the melting snow trickling down the sidewalk, giving us a glimmer of hope that winter is almost coming to an end. However, we mustn’t get our hopes up because Phil, the groundhog, predicted six more weeks of winter. The dog days of summer are sounding pretty good right now, huh? Well, don’t worry collegiates, we are here to help you get through these final weeks of winter.

Start planning your spring! Sit down with your friends and make a list of all of the different things you want to do when the weather gets nice. Whether it’s a day trip to Newport or attending a Red Sox game, mark it on your calendars and get excited about it.

Shop for spring clothes! We know by the end of February every girl is absolutely disgusted with a closet full of the bulky sweaters that excited you last fall. Start online shopping for new dresses, skirts and tanks that will brighten it up! It will soon be time to pack up the dark knits until next winter and you need to make sure you have plenty of florals, colors and flip flops to fill in the empty space.

Start listening to happier music. Spotify has tons of constantly-updated playlists listed under the “happy” mood. Or, go on 8tracks where you can search for playlists by tag. They recently added a tag just for spring break inspired playlists…those are sure to drag you away from your winter slump.

Buying flowers for your room is a nice way to bring the aroma of spring into your room. What’s better than the day you walk outside and notice everything blooming around campus? (Unless you have bad allergies-we will forgive you guys if you don’t agree). Putting some daisies or daffodils in a vase is the perfect way to fake spring until it comes! Fake flowers work too.

Paint your nails a bright color. Trade in your navy, violet and maroon polishes for periwinkle, magenta and rose. When it’s time for your next polish change, brighten up a little!

While we can’t make winter disappear, we can try and welcome spring a little early this year! You know what they say, fake it ‘til you make it.