Super Bowl Commercial Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

There are a few types of Super Bowl watchers: the super-fan, whose eyes don’t leave the TV for the duration of the game whether or not they even care about the teams involved. There’s the gambler, easily identifiable by tensed up shoulders and, depending on the outcomes, cheering or sobbing. The bar-goer includes those who use the game as an excuse to down a few beers and more than a few wings. And finally, the commercial/half-time show enthusiast. You can find us somewhere in between the latter two. For those of you who watched from a crowded bar or party and couldn’t take the time to appreciate the commercials, here is a recap of what you missed out on.

This heartwarming Budweiser ad brought smiles to our faces (and tears to our eyes) in the fourth quarter when everyone seemed to be losing hope.

John Stamos and the men from Full House reunited to make this sexual yet hilarious Oikos Greek Yogurt commercial.

Newcastle took a different route with their Super Bowl ad by making fun of themselves. This one stars Anna Kendrick from Pitch Perfect as the “beer commercial babe.”

David Beckham came back around this year to remind us all how he looks in his underwear line for H&M…and let’s just say we weren’t disappointed. This man gets better with age.

Doritos ran a few commercials including adorable kids just doing what they gotta do to get some Doritos. Here’s our favorite:

eSurance was thrifty in buying the first commercial slot AFTER the Super Bowl. They saved $1.5 million and they are passing on their savings to one lucky viewer who tweets #eSurancesave30. The winner will be announced on Wednesday on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

That’s just a few of our favorite Super Bowl ads of 2014. Think we missed some good ones? Share your top commercials with us!