St. Patty’s Day for The Non-Irish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Every college student loves any excuse to… celebrate! St. Patty’s day is only a short week away, do you know how you’re spending it? How do you celebrate though if you’re not Irish? Maybe your 1/2 Irish, or 1/20th Irish… HC Bryant has the answer for you…

• Celebrate with your friends!

Since your family heritage is not Irish, family celebrations may be out of the question for St. Patrick’s day.  But gather a few friends and hit the local bars (if you’re 21+) and celebrate like you are Irish! Hey any excuse to have a good time.  Tons of college students celebrate St. Patty’s and most of the time, it falls around your Spring Break! No homework worries ahead!

• Attend a St. Patrick’s Day Parade!

Hartford, Boston and New Haven all have parades for St. Patty’s day!  Take your friends and family and go enjoy the events! Its a day long celebration where friends and family come together to celebrate the Irish heritage, and you do not need to be irish to join in on all of the fun.

• Be Festive!

Even if you’re not exactly Irish, why not participate and wear some green? St. Patty’s accessories are fun and a great way to celebrate a fun holiday.  They are super cheap and can be found at any Dollar Store and Target around.  Being festive is half the fun! Plus, you do not want to be pinched if you are not wearing green!

Devon is a senior at Bryant University.  As a Marketing and Communications major, Her Campus is everything that Devon loves. Her hometown of Rutland, Vermont is where she was born and raised.  She attended Philadelphia University for her freshmen year of college as a Fashion Industry Management major, but discovered her true passion was the business aspect of the fashio industry, leading her to transfer to a nationally ranked business school, Bryant University.  Devon is the co-president of the Her Campus chapter at Bryant and is also a Research Assistant in the school's Office of Planning and Institutional Research.  You will see Devon on campus organizing HC events, running around finishing projects, or hanging out with her friends.  Devon's passions include: writing, dance, the ocean, and spending time with the people she loves.