Sorority Spotlight: Anna Rodier, Alpha Omicron Pi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Profile: Anna Rodier, President of Alpha Omicron Pi

Name: Anna Rodier

Grade: Junior

Graduation Year: 2017

Major/Minor: Actuarial Math Major/ Finance Minor

Hometown: Oxford, Massachusetts

Involvements: Competition dance team, Editor for the Archway, Omicron Delta Kappa, Honors Program

HC: Why did you join Greek life?

AR: Freshmen year I met a lot of people in Greek life and noticed how they were leaders on campus. I could relate to what they value and loved what they stood for.

HC: Favorite memory/thing about Greek life?

AR: Bid night during formal recruitment is my favorite. During formal recruitment, all three sororities are separate and doing their own thing but as soon as we meet in the Roto we feel connected. There is so much energy in the room and we are all excited for each other to meet the newest members of our sororities. At this moment it doesn’t matter what sorority you are a part of, everyone comes together to support each other. 

HC: What does sisterhood mean to you?

AR: Sisterhood means always being there for each other and not being afraid to tell your sister the truth, even if it’s something she doesn’t want to hear. It’s about always being there for times of need and happiness. In AOII and Greek life in general at Bryant, we always support each other.

HC: What is your role as president?

AR: Basically, I just oversee what is going on in AOII and work with the different advisors and officers and make sure everything is running smoothly.                           

HC: What are you excited for most this semester for AOII?

AR: I am excited about how we have such young officers this year. I’m interested to see what their ideas are. I think this chapter is great right now but there is always room for improvement. We are very new on campus and over the years everyone has become closer and work well together. We have accomplished so much over the years and I’m excited to see what else we can do in the future.

HC: How do you manage your time between school work and your other involvements?

AR: I live by my planner. I am very scheduled and prioritize all of my responsibilities. I feel like if I have set priorities and have a clear plan I can figure everything out, regardless of time.

HC: What’s your advice for new members in Greek life?

AR: Ask questions! If you are confused or unsure about something don’t be afraid to ask. Also, if you have advice or ideas for someone else always speak up. Greek life is so flexible on this campus, making it easy to get involved. The new member process only happens once but is so important. Take everything you can out of the process!