Plants You Won’t Kill (Seriously!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Want to bring the outdoor pretty plants to an indoor drowsy dorm room? Afraid that you’re not going to be able to care for the plant because you can barely take care of yourself? Well that is about to change. Believe it or not, not all flowers and potted plants need that much grooming! We’ve compiled a list of flowers/plants that any college kid should be able to maintain:

1. Orchids: Orchids need minimal water, so giving an orchid 2-3 ice cubes a week will keep it up and running!
  2. Cactus: Water once a week, or just make sure the soil doesn’t dry out, and you’re all set!
  3. Ponytail Palm: Water once a week, or check it every few days just to make sure the soil doesn’t dry out. Leave in windowsill, or any sunny spot.
  4. Lucky Bamboo: Minimal light, and water every few days! Who knows, maybe it’ll give you some luck!
  5. Aloe Vera: Bright light and damp soil is all you need to keep this aloe plant alive!
  6. Peace Lily: Bright lighting (more sun, bigger bloom) and water every two days.
  7. African Daisies: This flower loves the sun, needs a lot of it! And minimal water!

It’s hard to believe that flowers and plants will ever grow due to the snowfall in April… BUT head over to your local flower shop, grab one of these lovely desk plants, and bring spring inside this season!

Boston Ma. Undergraduate at Bryant University.