“The Naked Roommate” on: Drinking on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Welcome back everyone to week 10 of The Naked Roommate: And 107 Other Issues You Might Run Into in College by Harlan Cohen! We are discussing Drinking on Campus: Tapping the Keg of Truth. Weather you drink or not you will probably have to deal with the aftermath in your bathroom the next day. So let’s get down to business, here are the top two picks for this week:

Sexual assault and alcohol: did you know that more than 97,000 students between the ages of 18 and 25 are victims of sexual assault or date rape? This is a serious issue and it can be stopped. If you see someone in an unsafe situation, try to help them. Even if you don’t know them, get them to a safe place and then evaluate the situation. Get more help if needed.

Don’t be so stupid that you accidently kill yourself: thinking of stupid things to do is one thing when sober because you probably won’t go through with it- drunk is a different story. Don’t do or let your friends do anything stupid enough to kill themselves while drunk, weather that’s driving or jumping off a roof for fun, keep yourself and others safe.

Drinking can be really fun, that is until you either get the worst hangover ever or do something stupid while dunk. As long as you keep yourself under control and pace yourself you will have fun!

Her Campus wants to remind everyone that if you are going to drink, do so responsibly! Safety is always most important.