This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Meet the President of Sigma Sigma Sigma: Lily Swain

Tell me about yourself? (Hometown, Grade, Major, and a fun fact/something interesting about you)

I’m a Junior from Bethany, CT. I’m a Digital Marketing major and a fun fact about me is that I have a YouTube Channel where I post fun content about my life as a college student!

Why did you want to be president of Tri Sigma?

I wanted to be the president of Tri Sigma because I wanted to leave a positive impact on my chapter. I am a firm believer in leaving things better than you found them, and I wanted to put my all into Sigma so when I look back on my college years I feel as though I made an impact. I also wanted to be president to challenge myself. I never thought that I would be the president of my chapter (especially as a freshman!), but the support of my sisters throughout my years in Sigma made me believe that I was capable. I wanted to prove to myself that I could be a strong leader within my chapter.

What are some goals you have for your term?

A major goal I have for my term is to encourage and empower the women of my sorority to continue to be strong and successful. Sigma has done an amazing job instilling confidence in me as not only a student overall as a person. Sigma has helped me grow, and I hope through my term to help others find the same empowerment I did. I especially hope to encourage our new members to get involved and cherish their time with their sisters because the four years go by so fast!

What are some events that you have planned/are looking forward to?

We have our biggest philanthropy event coming up: The March of Dimes Walk! I love this event because our entire chapter comes together with the rest of not only Greek life, but the entire campus, to raise money for the March of Dimes (our national philanthropy). The March of Dimes works to fund research and support for premature babies and their families. Our efforts towards this cause have helped aid support in helping more mothers have healthy full-term pregnancies. This event is always incredibly successful and it’s amazing to come together to support a great cause.

Favorite thing about Tri Sigma?

Whenever I am asked this question, I often find it hard to sum up all Tri Sigma has offered me and my favorite thing about it. My love for Tri Sigma cannot be measured and I am forever grateful to have joined such an amazing group of women. If I had to choose my favorite thing, it would probably be how genuinely supportive all of us are towards one another. We always show up for each other – whether it’s for events, lunch, grabbing coffee, or even just needing to vent about something. There is always a sister you can turn to about anything and it’s comforting that in times of despair, you always have a support system that is there for you no matter what.

Karla Espino

Bryant '24

Student at Bryant University