Meet The Greek Life Presidents: Sophia Corcoran, Delta Zeta Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the beginning of the new semester, Her Campus wanted to give the readers a peek into Greek life’s new Presidents of 2023. We have interviewed the eight Presidents of Greek life so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their goals for this upcoming term. This is the interview of Sophia Corcoran, the President of the Delta Zeta sorority. 

Sophia is a junior from Wakefield, Massachusetts. She is majoring in marketing with a minor in communications. A fun fact about herself is that her sister was also a member of DZ here at Bryant. 

Her Campus: Why did you run for president of DZ?

Sophia: I ran for president of Delta Zeta because I want to incorporate more history and traditions within our chapter. 

Her Campus: What are some goals you want to accomplish throughout your term? 

Sophia: Throughout my term, one goal I would like to accomplish is enhancing our relationships with other sororities on campus, by creating events that give us all the opportunity to come together. 

Her Campus: What are you most looking forward to for this upcoming term?

Sophia: This upcoming term I am excited about all the events we have planned. Our annual Paint a DZ philanthropy event is one of my favorites that I look forward to participating in every year. 

Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about DZ?

Sophia: My favorite thing about Delta Zeta is the amazing sisterhood we have. Delta Zeta is a home and a never-ending support system, and the people have truly made my college experience unforgettable. 

Her Campus: What does being in Greek life mean to you? 

Sophia: Greek life has given me endless opportunities to become involved on campus. I have built so many friendships within the Greek community that I know will last beyond college.

Junior at Bryant studying communications with a focus in public relations and a double minor in HR management and media and cultural studies. I'm apart of Alpha Omicron Pi, Thrive Magazine, Student Ambassadors, Women's LLC, Best Buddies, as well as Her Campus. I'm a junior at Bryant studying communications on the public relations track with a double minor human resource management and media & cultural studies. In addition to being the sorority liaison for HerCampus, I'm a student ambassador and a member of the Women's leadership living and learning community. I'm also finishing up my term as VP of membership experience within my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. A fun fact about me is that I want to be on Big Brother someday!