sorority advice?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sorority advice?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / 20th Century Studios

Meet The Greek Life Presidents: Kira Strauss, Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With Bryant University’s 2023 Greek Week now behind us, Her Campus wanted to give the readers a peek into the leaders of Greek life here on Campus. We have interviewed the eight Presidents of Greek life so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their goals for this upcoming term. This is our interview with Kira Strauss, the President of the Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority.  

Kira is a junior from Wakefield, Massachusetts. She is majoring in digital marketing with a double minor in sociology and team & project management. A fun fact about herself is that she was born in Europe and moved to the US when she was two. 

Her Campus: Why did you run for president of AOII?

Kira: I ran for president of Alpha Omicron Pi because I wanted to bring a positive atmosphere to our chapter. I have always been inspired by past presidents and the type of leaders they were and I wanted to follow in their footsteps and be an inspiration for our younger girls. 

Her Campus: What are some goals you want to accomplish throughout your term? 

Kira: I want to bring out the fun side of our girls. I think a lot of times sororities can become stressful with different events and deadlines going on, but I want to have an equal amount of business and fun within the chapter. I think this also helps the girls remember why they joined Greek life and why they ran home to AOII. 

Her Campus: What are you most looking forward to for this upcoming term?

Kira: I am definitely looking forward to being a positive leader and role model but I am also excited to see our other chapter officers thrive and grow within their own positions. I am very confident in our new executive team and I am really looking forward to the accomplishments we make together as a team. 

Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about AOII?

Kira: My favorite thing about Alpha Omicron Pi is the mutual respect we have for each other. I know I can count on any of these girls to support me or help me when I am in need, and I can be there for them. 

Her Campus: What does being in Greek life mean to you? 

Kira: Being in Greek life means creating lifelong friendships. I know that some of the girls I have met within Greek life, whether it is AOII or another sorority on campus, will be with me for the long run. I am forever grateful I chose to join Greek life and honored that I was elected as Alpha Omicron Pi’s 2023 president.

Junior at Bryant studying communications with a focus in public relations and a double minor in HR management and media and cultural studies. I'm apart of Alpha Omicron Pi, Thrive Magazine, Student Ambassadors, Women's LLC, Best Buddies, as well as Her Campus. I'm a junior at Bryant studying communications on the public relations track with a double minor human resource management and media & cultural studies. In addition to being the sorority liaison for HerCampus, I'm a student ambassador and a member of the Women's leadership living and learning community. I'm also finishing up my term as VP of membership experience within my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. A fun fact about me is that I want to be on Big Brother someday!