Makeup Monday: Highlighting & Contouring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Highlighting and contouring can make your skin look flawless in only a matter of minutes. This make up technique is perfect for any face shape and skin color, but most importantly it is quick and easy! Highlighting will brighten your face while contouring adds the depth needed to emphasize your bone structure. To get this look start by moisturizing your face, then add foundation 2 shades lighter than your natural skin color to the top of the nose, in between and under the eye brows, in the center of the chin, under the eyes, and to the top of the check bones. Next, apply foundation 2 times darker than your natural skin color to the sides of the nose, around the hair line, and along the bottom half of the cheek bones. Finally it is time to blend; using a blending sponge, rub the foundation into your skin until it is completely and evenly blended. Once you are done blending, apply your eye make-up and you are ready for the day!

PaviElle is a Senior Marketing major at Bryant University. Before attending Bryant in fall of 2011, she received her Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising from Lincoln College of New England (formerly Briarwood College). She is currently the Fashion Editor for Her Campus chapter at Bryant. She has a strong love for fashion, especially in the styling, visual merchandising and trend forecasting aspects where she has experience.