Jake Durkin- Bryant Idol Winner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Jake Durkin

Graduation Year: 2016

Major: Double major in International Business and Chinese 

Hometown: Scituate, Massachusetts 

Celebrity Because… Winner of Bryant Idol 2013

HC: What are you involved in on-campus?

JD: I’m currently involved in WJMF, the Archway (sort of), EOC, and I just started Club hockey.

HC: Who is your favorite artist? 

JD: My all-time favorite artist is split between Michael Bublé and John Mayer.

HC: We know you have written some original songs; where does your inspiration come from?

JD: My inspiration has come from many different people and events. I’ve written 50 plus songs (I think). It would take too long to explain each songs’ inspiration, but if you want me to explain more let me know and I can go through a few specific songs. 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 

JD: I have no idea, mainly because I don’t know what to commit to. I can’t decide if I want to be a musician or not. However, if I had to guess, I’m probably going to be either a musician (hopefully successfully) or working for an International Business company.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents or other fun facts you’d like to share?

JD: I play piano and guitar. Other than that I can walk 50 yards doing a handstand, do impressions, do the fast part to Look at Me Now, and a few other specific things. 

And for all those ladies out there who are wondering…

HC: Lastly, single or taken?

JD: I am currently single. 

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.