This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Although it’s not even cold yet (looking at you, global warming), our skin is still suffering from dry, winter air.  In such a busy time, it is vital that we look and feel our bests, so heed our advice if you plan to slay these next few brutal months.

1. DRINK WATER

Seriously, hydration is key, especially this time of the year.  The dry air is sucking up all the moisture from your body, so it needs a little extra H20.  Plus, water is the cure all for all of life’s ailments.  Extra points if you cut down on coffee, which is severely hydrating.  We know, it’s finals and you need it, but water will keep you refreshed and awake naturally.

2. Eat you veggies

Yeah, Mom was right.  You’ll notice your skin brighten up in a matter of days if you eat healthy. If you need a super quick fix, cut out sugar, meat, and junk food for three days and you’ll be glowing.

3. Once a week treatment

Okay, this has changed our lives.  Pick one night a week when you have over an hour to commit to looking fab, and get ready to feel super refreshed. 

Step 1: Wash your face normally.

Step 2: Heat water in a bowl.

Step 3: Put your face above it and cover yourself with a towel to let the water steam.

Step 4: Sit like that for about 20 minutes.  You may need to reheat the water.  It’s going to feel like an eternity, especially since you can’t look at anything other than a bowl of water directly in your face, but it’s worth it and the longer you stay there, the more your pores will open up.

Step 5: Put on a facemask.  It could be anything you like, but we recommend any charcoal peel for its detoxifying powers. 

Step 6: Wash off the facemask and use toner if you’d like.  Put on moisturizer and feel how incredibly soft your face is!

4. Carry lotion with you

Dry hands stop for no one, and that mean by the end of the day you may notice your skin cracking.  Stash a travel size lotion in your backpack and purse to reapply in class, on the job, or anywhere on the go.

5. Get a humidifier

You and your roommate will love it, we promise.  Or, if you claim it first, face it directly towards your face and sleep like a baby.  Plus, some essential oils like eucalyptus can make your room smell nice and clear out your sinuses.  Note: we spoke to an RD and they’re allowed in rooms.