The Grinch: An Accurate Representation of College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Everyone knows the infamous Grinch: he’s mean, he’s grumpy, and he’s not happy. Sounds like the average college student, right? Everyone has had a time or two (or seven) in their lives where they have been able to relate to the Grinch. He is relatable in so many ways that we just don’t seem to realize it until we look back and reevaluate. So now how exactly is he so relatable?

1. Sometimes it can be pretty hard getting yourself to eat. There’s a lot of time that we spend thinking about eating, but actually getting up and going to the dining hall at a reasonable time? That’s funny.

2. We’ve all experienced this, don’t lie.

3. All professors at schools across the board. Will someone ever give us a break and get in the holiday spirit??

4. Walking past that person you just absolutely cannot stand, and then that other person you cannot stand because obviously you go to a small school and see everyone you don’t want to see all the time.

5. So it’s day 3 of not getting out of bed, you’ve run out of possible Netflix shows and movies to watch, and this is exactly what you are thinking.

6. SUCH A SERIOUS QUESTION. When are we not stress eating or just eating because there is nothing else to do (besides homework and studying which is, of course, irrelevant)?

7. Probably one of the most relatable and one of the worst. It can suck when you start to catch feelings in college. You don’t want to, but it is inevitable.

8. Just some justification for why it is okay to stay in bed for those 3 days. What more do you need than yourself, food and Netflix?

9. And of course the best one yet—going out on the weekends as told by the Grinch. You like your outfit the first minute you put it on, but by the second or third you’ve decided you aren’t going to the party because you look absolutely awful.

Who would have thought that being a college student would be exactly like being the Grinch?

Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B