Five of the Best Songs You’ve Never Heard Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As collegiettes constantly looking for new music to listen to, we thought we’d share a couple of our less popular favorites with people who are doing the same. We’ve tried to include multiple genres, so we hope you find something that catches your ear.

1.      Grimes’ – “Go”

If you like house music, Grimes’ Go” will probably be one of the catchiest songs you’ll never hear. Though the song starts deceivingly soft, the chorus breaks out into an incredible, mind blowing, synthesized beat. After listening to it you’ll probably be wondering how this didn’t become a radio hit.

2.      Slow Club – “Everything is New”

Okay, let’s slow it down a bit – but not too much. Slow Club’s “Everything is New” has a perfectly romanticized sound that will make you feel like taking a long, autumn walk. It’s musical and lyrical rhythm draws you into the song, and hooks you half way through when it erupts into its colorful and powerful chorus.

3.      VÉRITÉ – “Strange Enough”

Even farther to the left of main stream is VÉRITÉ’s “Strange Enough.” However, what it lacks in popularity, it more than makes up for in its addictive sound. The synth-pop sound grows on you the farther you get into the song, while her Lana Del Rey-esc style of singing and lyrics captivates your attention.

4.      John Legend ft. Rick Ross – “Who Do We Think We Are”

Unless you follow him closely, you probably missed John Legend’s “Who Do We Think We Are.” As usual, Legend’s voice is the true highlight of the song. However, the entirety of “Who Do We Think We Are” is so intriguing and memorable you’ll easily find yourself singing along and pressing replay more than once.

5.      Ella Henderson – “Ghost”

Okay – maybe you’ve heard of Ella Henderson’s “Ghost”. But we feel that enough people haven’t heard it to include it on this list. “Ghost” has that classic, upbeat, yet interesting, sound we’re always looking to sing along in the car to. The soft, pop beat and easily memorized lyrics make it an instantly enjoyable song.