Fashion Week 2013 For This Fall’s 2012 Campus Style Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s officially fall ladies! No this does not mean that it’s time to break out the sweatshirts. Her Campus is always here to help you stay in style for the upcoming winter months. This year’s Spring 2013 Fashion Week intorduced some unexpected trends. We have a couple of trends that you can try for the cold months. Just because the temperature dropped doesn’t mean that a sense of style has to go down with it. 

Trend 1: Black and White

A lot of designers shied the usual Floral and colorful trend on the Spring 2013 catwalk. Instead we saw a lot black, white, and monocromatic looks. Maybe Kanye West was up to something when he begun dressing Kim Kardashian in monochromatic looks. That seems to be the trend and guess what?-you don’t have to wait till Spring 2013 to try it out now. For class try on a pair of black leather pants, a black sweater, and a black and white jacket. Slip on a pair of spiked black pumps for a night out!

Trend 2: Floral Jackets

Floral pants may seem like a trend to should be left in the summer, but we can still wear it for this fall and winter. In addition to floral prints there we also saw floral jackets. Now, you can really shake things up in your wardorabe. Instead of the usual neutral colored jackets try on a floral jacket and you can tone it down with a black tank top and black pants.

Trend 3: Baroque Embellishments and Ornate Accesories

This is one trend that  every fashionista needs to try. Add some baroque flair by way of a jacket, a skirt, or a dress. This look is a sophisticated alternative to your usual going out outfits. Go over the top and throw in some black and gold jewelry for measure. I love baroque embelishments because it combines the timeless combination of black gold and gives of a flair of timeless chiq, but at the same time it is very edgy!

I don’t know about you girls but I am so excited for the upcoming fall and winter months. We get so used to black and neutral sports jackets and sweatshirts because they are functional and comfortable but it’s always great to find new ways to spice up your fall and winter closet. Who said you can’t look cute for class during the cold months? 

Photo Sources:
Black and White
Baroque
Floral with Kim K