This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Are you tired of paying for overpriced face washes that are just full of chemicals and other ingredients you can’t even pronounce? We’ve come up with an all natural, vegan face wash for those of you who are trying be as kind to your skin as possible. These ingredients are all safe for facial use, and they’re 100% vegan! 

What you will need:

• 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
  • 1/4 cup pure castile soap
  • 10-20 drops tea tree oil
  • 2-4 drops lemon essential oil
  • 2-4 drops lavendar essential oil
  • jar or foaming pump

Instructions:

Mix all of these ingredients together, either in a jar or a foaming pump. Close the lid and shake it up to mix all the ingredients.

If you’re using a foaming pump, the face wash will naturally come out foamy. Wet your hands and apply to your face! Use warm water to rinse.

If you decide to put the mixture in a jar (we used an old jar that was lying around our house — woohoo! sustainable), simply wet your hands and bring the face wash to a lather. Then apply to your face and rinse with warm water!

The jojoba oil in this face wash is a great moisturizer, but won’t leave your face feeling greasy. The tea tree oil is great for ace-prone skin, and the castile-soap is a great cleanser! The lemon and lavendar essential oils are optional, but we think that it gives that extra little oomph to this face wash, as it gives it a lovely smell and is calming on the skin.

If you’re not sure if this face wash will work for you, cut the recipe in half at first to test it out! 

And voilà, you have an earth-friendly, vegan, natural face wash.

Enjoy!

Find me either eating some vegan buffalo mac & cheese or crocheting up a storm. Or maybe both at the same time.  
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.