The Complete Wardrobe Guide for Formal Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

“Spring” Recruitment (which actually happens in the peak of the winter season) can be a little tricky to dress for, so if it’s your first time going through recruitment, we’ve got you covered on the dos and don’ts of what to wear for each part of the weekend.

Theme Day and Philanthropy Day:

These first two days are casual attire, so try to find the balance between comfortable and stylish. Jeans or nice pants are acceptable, but nothing torn or faded. Remember it will be January, so dress warm in a sweater, long-sleeve top, or layer a top with a nice cardigan. Add a statement necklace or scarf and you have a casual, yet dressy look. As for shoes, we’d recommend boots, flats, and loafers. Avoid shoes that you know you’ll be uncomfortable in. You’ll be doing some walking around in each room the whole day, so comfortable shoes are a must! Stay away from overly revealing outfits and anything too distracting – you want to make a positive impression on yourself and want to be remembered for your positive attitude and personality, not for short skirt or cleavage. Lastly, all events take place in the Student Center, and you’ll be able to leave any heavy duty jackets in a separate room.    

Preference Ceremony:

For the Preference Ceremony, you will be asked to dress more formally. Pref Day calls for an outfit that should not be too revealing – think for something you would wear to a nice dinner or even business casual. Inside Tip: carefully select jewelry and accessories; during this time each chapter shares a little part of their ritual so try to stay modest. This is not the time to be wearing a night club dress with 8-inch heels. Basically, keep it classy and simple.

Bid Night:

Bid night’s dress code is pretty casual. You can throw on some leggings and a long sleeve T with sneakers, or come in jeans and a sweater – however you feel! This event takes place at night in the Roto, so remember to dress warmly and be prepared in comfy shoes to run into the Roto and into the arms of your new sisters! Pro Tip: bring tissues if you tend to be an emotional wreck. There’s no easy way to explain how we felt on our Bid Night.

There’s still time to sign up for Formal Recruitment –Please note there is a $5 REFUNDABLE fee! There will also be an information session where you can learn more about recruitment at the Formal Recruitment 101 Session on December 1st in Room 2C of the FSC! Come by if you have any questions and would like to talk with current sorority sisters! If you have any questions about Greek Life or Formal Recruitment, please feel free to email Kaitlin Carr.

College Senior from CT