Campus Spotlight: Co-President of Velocity Dance Team, Colleen O’Connor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Velocity Dance Team has been working hard all year in preparation for their end-of-the-year EXPO. This year, the theme is Good As Gold and features dances by Velocity Dance Team, Advanced Evolution Dance Team, and a singing performance by Carl LaRosa, ’19. The show is this Saturday, April 13, at 7pm in Janikies. Tickets for students can be purchased for $3 in the Rotunda every day this week 10-2. Adult tickets are $5. All tickets at the door will be $5. You will not want to miss this show! 

We sat down with Colleen O’Connor, Co-President and Co-Captain of Velocity to learn about the show and her dance experience! 

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Avon, CT

Major/Minor: Literary and Cultural Studies – Psychology and Marketing

Her Campus: How long have you been dancing?

Colleen O’Connor: Since I was three!

Freshman Year 

HC: What is your favorite style of dance?

CO: Hip-hop is my favorite to perform, but contemporary is my favorite to watch.

HC: What has been your favorite Velocity performance in the past 4 years?

CO: I have to choose only one?? Either dancing at a Celtics game my freshman year, or any of the i2i shows.

HC: Why did you want to become Velocity Co-President?

CO: Velocity practice is always my favorite time of the week because I can forget about everything going on and just dance with all my best friends. This group of girls has been such a family for me throughout college, and I wanted to provide that same sense of support for the new members. Velocity has done so much for me so I wanted to give back.

Sophomore Year 

HC: What is your favorite dance in EXPO?

CO: The opening number! It’s so fun and gets me excited for the rest of the show.

HC: If you could only do one style of dance, what would it be?

CO: Hip-hop!

Junior Year 

HC: Do you have any fun facts about yourself?

CO: I met Buddy from cake boss in middle school! The first time I ever left the United States was to go to China on SIE.

Senior Year 

If you are interested in joining Velocity next year, email dance@bryant.edu for more information. 

Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.