#Bryant2017: Spots to Hit Up Around Campus

Here at Her Campus, we like to help our fellow classmates!  This is our #Bryant2017 Series where we will be writing numerous articles that will help ease the transition from "senior fever" to the new kid on block here in Smithfield.  

For this article, we want to fill you in on all there is to do off campus! Besides being known for its academic prestige, lively student body and beautiful campus, Bryant has a great location with so much to do in the surrounding area. You’re guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience here over the next four years!

Rhode Island

Off 295, exit 7B:

Mary Lou’s is famous for their delicious variety of flavored coffee, a must-try for all Bryant students in need of a little caffeine for their late-night study session! Some other restaurants off Putnam Pike are:

• Yamato Sushi 
  • Kiwi Burst Fro-yo 
  • Applebee’s
  • Panera
  • Uno’s
  • Chili’s
  • A & W
  • Dave’s Marketplace (for pre-made meals to bring back to campus)

There are also many shops off of 7B, including a plaza known as the Apple Valley Mall. Here you’ll find stores such as:

• Gap
  • Old Navy
  • Dick’s Sporting Goods
  • Kohl’s
  • Pac Sun
  • Target
  • Barnes & Noble
  • TJ Maxx

George Washington Highway:

J’s Deli, Pick Pockets and Café Such-a-Bagel are all popular places for Bryant students to eat off campus – and they are all located in the same building!  J's Deli best sandwich is probably The Blue Chip.  It is home to Italian meats like salami and ham topped with provolone cheese and oil and vinegar.  Such-a-Bagel has bagels that are sunflowered flavor...yes, it's true!

Right down the George Washington Highway is the Lincoln Mall. The best part of the Lincoln Mall is you can find anything you are looking for – and it’s only about 10 minutes from campus. There is an array of stores including:

• Target
  • 5 Below
  • Marshalls
  • Home Goods
  • Fro-Yo World
  • Kiwi Burst Fro-Yo
  • Stop & Shop
  • Lincoln Cinema World Movie Theater
  • Asia Grille (Which has Karaoke on Thursday nights!)
  • Five Guys
  • Chili’s
  • Trattoria Romana & Pizzeria Romana

Lincoln Woods State Park:

If you are looking for a more adventurous day, this is the place for you. Lincoln Woods is a huge, beautiful park where you can hike on paved trails, rent paddle boats, go fishing, biking, etc...did we mention it is only 17 minutes away?