Boston Marathon Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As thousands gathered to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombings, the last thing we all suspected was that there would be yet another bag planted at the finish line.  Why would this be the last thing we would all think about happening since clearly crazy nonsense has been occuring so often in this nation?  Well maybe because we all know how strong Boston really is, and that no one would even think about screwing with us anymore after the Sox just won the World Series. This city doesn’t put up with any crap.  After two backpacks with pressure-cooker bombs were spotted Tuesday by Boston Police and considered safe, the man walking down Boylston St. screaming “Boston Strong” was charged with possessing a hoax device!  We all know that Boston Police have a reputation of telling people how it is in their classic Massachusetts accidents, but this time was no joke at all. The police department took caution in making sure this device wasn’t hazardous through a robot and specialized training! The Boston PD has made sure that in preparation for next week, they ask all spectators to eliminate backpacks and any wearing of costumes or masks from the event! The number of runners has increased from last year, as well as the number of police officers. We sit writing this thinking about how we want to skip one of our last senior year case of the “Mondays,” but instead we will sit in this History class being proud to be from New England, and remembering how Boston overcame and moved on from this tragic event that took place just a year ago!

Senior student athlete majoring in communication at Bryant University.