7 Dates Guys Actually Want to Go on This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The leaves are changing colors, we are pulling out our sweaters and sipping on pumpkin spiced lattes. Girls, we know you want to take your man to the orchard or the pumpkin patch and take a million pictures, but sometimes we have to think about what he wants. A successful relationship requires both give and take. He will be more willing to go do what you want if he can do the activities he loves. Our suggestion is to surprise him by making plans that you know he will love.

1. Get Tickets to a Game

Sports are often the way to a boy’s heart. Show off your knowledge of the game or let him teach you the rules. Either way he will appreciate the gesture and no doubt the two of you will have a blast. For those 21 and up, keep the night going by taking him out to the bar after.

2. Go Hiking

As the weather starts to cool down, it is the perfect time to get off campus and see the foliage. A hike is a nice time to relax and enjoy nature, but it also gives the two of you time to chat and get to know each other more personally. Also, don’t be afraid to show off your bod in tight leggings and a cute tank!

3. Go to a Costume Party Together

The best part about a costume is the sex appeal. Wear something shorter and tighter than normal to really catch his attention. Overall, it will be a fun, carefree night — one that allows you to maintain the balance between spending time with friends and your special someone. You both have the opportunity to socialize with friends and then later sneak off with one another.

4. Tailgate

Go to a school football game and tailgate beforehand. Time alone is important, but a good way to test a relationship is also to see how the two of you are around friends. There will definitely be time for the two of you to have your own personal conversation, but the lively atmosphere will have the two of you socializing with each other’s friends; enjoying quality conversations, food, and drinks.

5. Run a 5K

Don’t worry about sweating! It’s important to most guys to know their girl cares about her health and fitness. Also, the body pumps out testosterone during exercise which increases one’s sex drive (so expect a post workout treat). Or at least you can go out for ice cream after all athe calories you’ll both have burned.

6. Take Out & a Movie

You can’t go wrong with this idea; a cheap and easy alternative to going out to the theater. Let him pick out a movie and order some take out, then cuddle up in bed for a romantic night. Wine and candles are always a great way to set the mood.

7. Try Some Place New

Take a drive somewhere neither of you have been and go out to eat or find a local attraction. You will be sharing a new experience with each other. If all goes well it may become a special thing for the two of you to do exclusively with one another.

*Keep in mind for next year:

Experience Oktoberfest! You can enjoy the attractions of this German celebration right here in the United States. They have festivals throughout the country in Rhode Island, Boston, Colorado, California, and many more. They usually happen end of September or early October. Dress up and enjoy a few cold ones. Then challenge him to think of better date.