6 Things We Didn’t Appreciate Our Parents For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1) Laundry; the worst enemy of any college student… how do you wash your whites? What does dry clean only mean? Cold or hot water? WHAT THE HELL IS DRYER SHEET?!? How on earth did our parents do this for not only us, but our entire family?

2) Bed Making; Making a bed is not too bad, slightly annoying but we’ll get over it. The task we have the problem with is putting new sheets on. Why must that damn fitted sheet be so difficult to stay on! What a pain in the butt, god do our parents have patience!

3) A nice home cooked meal; Ramen noodles, pizza and French fries to our dismay has gotten really old. God are we craving anything our moms mom cooked, we don’t even care if it’s Brussels sprouts!

4) Waking us up for school; As much as we hated getting woken up, we could really use it now. The alarm clock situation just isn’t working out considering most of us sleep through them for class!

5) Ironing; Most of us would rather walk around with a wrinkled shirt than take the time to get out that stupid iron that our parents used to use for us.

6) Taking care of us when we were sick; Being sick without our parents is never fun, no one around to make us soup and give us medicine, doing that on our own really sucks.

All in all, most of us took our parents and everything they did for us for granted before college. Now that we have to do these tasks ourselves, we would do anything to complain about having to stay home for dinner again even though all our friends are going