2016 Oscar Nominees Summed Up In 3 Sentences or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The Big Short

A bunch of really, really smart finance guys figure out the housing market is going to plummet in the early 2000’s. Honestly, not even sure what half of the words in this movie meant but we felt smarter after watching it.

Bridge of Spies

So Tom Hanks is a lawyer during the Cold War. He gets hired to defend a Soviet spy and then the CIA gets involved and they try to rescue an American spy plane pilot. Tom Hanks works his Tom Hanks magic and makes a good movie.

Brooklyn

A girl moves from Ireland to, you guessed it, Brooklyn. She then falls in love with an Italian guy and has to pick between Ireland and the United States. An amazing film if you admire Irish accents as much as we do.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Ok, this movie is like a bad acid trip in the best way possible. It takes place in post-apocalyptic Australia and Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are trying to rise up against a bad guy. A lot of weird stuff going on here that we can’t even explain, just watch the movie.

The Martian

Matt Damon gets stuck on Mars. He does a bunch of science stuff to keep himself alive and tries to get NASA to save him.

The Revenant

Leonardo DiCaprio does gross stuff to try and earn himself an Oscar. JK (kinda). After he is almost killed and his son dies, Leo’s character seeks revenge against Tom Hardy…and does gross stuff.

Room

A woman is trapped in a room with her son who is the cutest little boy in existence. When they escape, her son, who has never experienced the outside world, learns what it’s like.

Spotlight

The story of how The Boston Globe uncovered the molestation scandal in the Catholic church. A great watch if you never want to be able to look a priest in the eye again.