14 Movies to Count Down to Valentine’s Day With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1Crazy, Stupid Love

What better way to start the countdown than with Ryan Gosling?  This movie is “the perfect combination of sexy and cute.”

2. The Princess Bride

A truly inspiring love story with everything you could want: “Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…”

3. Failure to Launch

Who needs an excuse to stare at Bradley Cooper?

4. The Proposal

This hilarious movie follows Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds through one of the most entertaining plots in film history.

5. Sleepless in Seattle

Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks teach us that love always prevails.  

6. 13 Going on 30

This movie reminds us how lucky we are to not be 13 anymore and not be 30 yet.

7. Pride and Prejudice

A beautiful Elizabethan (literally) story of wrong first impressions.

8. When Harry Met Sally

This was a given.

9. Hitch

Love can be unpredictable, and not always a science.

10. Silver Linings Playbook

Did we already mention Bradley Cooper?

11. You’ve Got Mail

Remember AOL? Even in 2015, this film still earns its spot in this countdown.

12. Ever After

An actual Cinderella story.

13. The Big Wedding

Featuring an all-star cast (including the amazing Ben Barnes) this movie proves that there’s more than just one kind of love.

14. Breakfast at Tiffany’s

What Valentine’s Day countdown would be complete without this iconic Audrey Hepburn film? 

#HCXO

Shruti Kansara is a sophomore at Bryant University majoring in international business with a double concentration in applied analytics and computer information systems and a double minor in French and international affairs. In her spare time, she volunteers with Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island and serves as a local titleholder for the Miss Rhode Island America organization.