Style

WHY YOU SHOULD CURATE YOUR SPRING BREAK WARDROBE NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Winter is almost over — and you know what that means. Spring break is fast approaching, and plans need to be made. From galavanting in Europe to sunning in the tropics, there are so many amazing destinations that are sure to leave you and your friends with unforgettable memories and experiences. 

But while Spring Break can be fun, planning and packing can be daunting. Destinations need to be agreed upon, flights need to be booked, and accommodations organized. And once the planning is in place, packing becomes another beast to tackle. To help minimize the stress, here are some of the essential clothing items I love for different destinations, guaranteed to help you look and feel your best!

If You’re Heading to the Beach…

Pack a plethora of bathing suits, lightweight clothing, tarnish-safe jewelry, and waterproof makeup. Some of my favorite items include linen pants and shirts, sandals, denim shorts, sun dresses, a cardigan for the evening, and some fun tank tops! Bring some clothes for a fun night out as well if you’re planning on hitting the town. 

If You’re Flying to Europe…

If you’re headed to Europe, chances are the weather will be brisk. Some of my favorite wintertime essentials that keep me looking put together and chic are a warm winter dress coat, cashmere or wool scarf, fleece-lined tights, corduroys, and doc-martin boots. Bring a nice dress and heels if you’re planning on any upscale experience like a dinner or show. Chances are you’ll be getting a lot of steps in, so make sure your clothes and shoes are comfortable and functional as well as cute!

If You’re Off to the Snow… 

If you and your friends have decided to head to the mountains for a cozy cabin excursion or time spent shredding it up on the slopes, there are a host of awesome outfit options to choose from. If staying at home, my personal choice is to maximize coziness. I pack cozy socks, pajamas, and lounge sets perfect for chilling by the fire. Should you choose to venture outdoors, make sure to have snow-safe shoes (I love my Doc Martin boots or Blundstones). If skiing or snowboarding, warm, waterproof clothing is a must, as well as undergarments for the cold. Pack a cozy puffer jacket, ski pants, and lots of sweaters and long underwear for layering. 

If You’re Chilling at Home or in the Dorms…

Staying in the dorms or visiting home provides a perfect opportunity to unwind and destress. Thus, my wardrobe essentially stresses comfort to the max. If the weather is cold, chill around the home in a comfy pair of pajamas, sweatpants, or your favorite lazy day outfit. Cozy socks and slippers are a must. If it warms, get some much-needed vitamin D! Put on those warm weather fits that maximize contact with the sun (dresses, shorts, skirts, tank tops) and head on a lovely walk or chill session on the main green.

Elle Horst

Brown '26

Elle Horst is a freshman at Brown University from Northern California. She plans on concentrating in International Public Affairs with a Policy and Governance focus. As an avid journalist in high school, Elle is thrilled to join Her Campus as a staff writer. In her free time, she enjoys drinking good coffee, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, and binging TV shows.