What You Should Bring to Thanksgiving Based on Your Star Sign

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Thanksgiving is approaching in less than two weeks, which means it is the perfect time to consider what dish you can bring along with your company to this year’s holiday celebration. Luckily, we have you covered with ample inspiration for the ideal dish to prepare based on the qualities of your astrological star sign. 

Aries (March 21-April 19): Turkey

You are competitive, warm, bold, and lively. Bring the star of the show to this year’s Thanksgiving celebration. You are surely well equipped to prepare and bring the most festive centerpiece on the dinner table. 

Taurus (April 20-May 20): Baked Sweet Potatoes

You are grounded, pensive, resilient. The perennial staple of baked sweet potatoes is an ideal dish for you. There are so many creative recipes for the autumnal season that involve baked sweet potatoes as well, if you feel like deviating from the typical baking method. These include ricotta stuffed sweet potatoes, sweet potato gratin, or sweet potatoes with marshmallows. 

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Stuffed Cauliflower

You are curious, busy, and communicative, so you should most definitely bring a creative side to your Thanksgiving celebration. You will relish the chance to share your new iteration of a classic November holiday dish. Your energetic nature will perfectly suit the various stores you may have to visit to gather all the elements of the stuffing you intend to prepare with the roasted cauliflower. 

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Mashed Potatoes w/ Dried Sage

You are emotional, sentimental, and loyal. Mashed potatoes are perhaps the most loyal accompaniment to a turkey dinner, and they provide a comforting addition to your plate. 

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Pumpkin & Apple Pie

You are dramatic, passionate, and courageous. Not just anyone case commit to preparing and baking the tastiest pumpkin and/or apple pie for Thanksgiving dessert. Your engaging spirit, however, is the perfect fit for this task, which will surely produce the sweetest encore to the meal. 

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Homemade Bread Rolls 

You are practical, a perfectionist, and a helper, which is why arriving with the classic bread rolls is well suited for you. Bringing the unanimously appreciated hors d’oeuvres to the meal allows you to be present and engaged in any conversations or last minute preparations to which need to be attended. 

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Homemade Whipped Cream 

You are romantic, artistic, a seeker of harmony. You complement every scenario with your sweet and delicate qualities, just as whip cream does to the homemade assortment of pies on the dessert table. Mix and beat powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream to perfection on the day of the celebration to ensure it is fresh and chill in the fridge until the hour for pie arrives.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Sauce 

You are mysterious, independent, and intense. The cranberry sauce stands on its own, just as you do. Its intendepent nature and intense flavorings are all the more enhanced by a cinnamon apple addition, making it an even more seasonally appropriate. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

You are adventurous, playful, and philosophical, which leads to transform the typical roasted brussel sprout side into a savory delicacy with delicious bacon. If there is ever a day to enjoy some bacon, it is surely Thanksgiving!

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Homemade Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 

You are ambitious, dedicated, and disciplined. Making a delicious blended soup is a multi-step process, which you most certainly can do successfully. Roasted butternut squash and add coconut milk to a food processor, along with seasonings and any additional elements you see as fit for the recipe. Garnish with homemade roasted pumpkin seeds for the perfect juxtaposition to the sweet soup.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Kale Autumnal Salad w/ Roasted Beets, Acorn Squash, & Carrots, Dressed With Fig Balsamic 

You are honest, intelligent, and a forward-thinker, and you wisely anticipate a desire for some fresher dishes to balance the tastiest treats of Thanksgiving day. In typical autumnal fashion, you are sure to select the most seasonally appropriate vegetables and toss them with kale and unique fig balsamic. 

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20): Macaroni and Cheese w/ Roasted Corn

You are emotionally perceptive, empathetic, and intuitive. Assuredly, you notice the members of your family who seek the simple comforts of macaroni and cheese. You make the dish more special by incorporating roasted corn in the dish and topping with parmesan cheese.

Adjectives and research about astrology from USA Today.

Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.