This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

As December approaches, finals aren’t your only responsibilities. If your friends are doing a gift exchange, the pressure of finding the perfect gift for your best friend in just a few days rivals the stress of that research paper you’ve been putting off all semester. Although the mall may seem like the perfect place to go find a present, you know you’re not going to make it there unless you’ve been looking for an excuse to spend a day downtown. So, to ease your holiday worries, here are some stores on Thayer Street where you can find a great gift while on the way to the SciLi for a “study sesh”.

Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters has an array of products ranging from clothes to Polaroid cameras to face masks. While there is always a risk of getting your friend something they already own when shopping at Urban, this just means your friend really likes Urban and you’re doing something right! Plus, if you secretly also want to give yourself a gift, get your friend some face masks and nail polish, and you’re practically guaranteed a girls night in return.

285 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02906

The Brown Bookstore

Any Brown student knows you can never have too much apparel! The Bookstore is also the perfect place to get all of your relatives a Brown hat or mug that will let them know you haven’t forgotten about them even though you haven’t called all semester. Even if you’re not looking for a Brown-themed present, the Bookstore sells many other fun things you can get for your friends. Whether they want a book, yet another water bottle, or a magnetic Leonardo DaVinci, the Brown Bookstore will not disappoint.

244 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02912

Francesca’s

If you’re looking for jewelry or other accessories, Francesca’s is the place to look. There’s also a location in the mall if you want your friend to believe you went the (literal) extra mile. They have a whole selection of gifts, most of which are between $15 and $25. Francesca’s sells a mini waffle iron for your friend who eats at the V-Dub way too often, notebooks for your friend who wants to get organized before second semester, and many pairs of socks for everyone in between.

257 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02906

Pleasant Surprise

Pleasant Surprise has cute gifts that change often, so you can still find new gifts here even if it’s your go-to secret santa spot. They sell a variety of gifts and candy that are perfect for anyone—even that friend you don’t know very well.

297 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02906

Pie in the Sky

Here is another store that sells jewelry, hats, and socks. What differentiates Pie in the Sky is that you can also get a free sticker if it’s your first time in the store! Don’t be fooled by the small storefront; Pie in the Sky has a wide range of frequently-changing products.

225 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02906

Avon Cinema

Any cinephile will love a gift card to the Avon, and any friend would be lucky to go to the Avon with a gift-giver as thoughtful as you! There are currently three movies playing at the Avon with more coming out before finals. There are also many special events this month that require advanced tickets but are sure to appeal to any theater lover. A trip to the Avon is a perfect study break or post-finals treat!

260 Thayer St, Providence, RI 02906

I am a freshman at Brown from New York, NY. I am interested in studying economics and computer science. I love exploring new cities, reading, and watching movies!
Caleigh is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Brown University chapter of Her Campus. She is in the class of 2021 studying History and French. She has previously held an internship position at Latina Magazine and worked as a social media editor for the Brown Daily Herald. She currently works as a digital marketing consultant for SiO Beauty. Caleigh grew up in New York City, where in her free time she explored neighborhoods looking for the best sushi and pizza, sharing her experiences through her food Instagram @food_overdudes.