This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

As the temperature begins to drop lower, our skin may soon feel the effects. But winter doesn’t have to bring cracked lips & dry skin. As the weather gets colder, your skincare should too! Here are five products that will help you keep your skin healthy and glowing all winter!

1. Ponds Dry Face Cream

Skincare doesn’t need to pose a great challenge and it also doesn’t need to be pricey. Ponds cream is a perfect solution for dry skin. Though it is inexpensive, it certainly doesn’t feel that way. It’s light, hydrating, and perfect for sensitive skin. Plus, it won’t feel like it’s clogging your pores. It’s a perfect staple moisturizer and can be found at your local drugstore.

2. Kiehls Lip Balm #1

My biggest issue in the winter is chapped lips and Kiehl’s Lip Balm truly changed the game. Many lip balm companies will include ingredients in their products that increase the cracking in your lips, so you use the product more and more. Kiehls doesn’t do this. Infused with Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Squalane, their inexpensive product helps seal in moisture and repair any damage caused by the cold weather. It has truly been a life saver for me in the colder months.

3. Heritage Black Castor Oil

Black Castor Oil is an ingredient that is great for restoring moisture and fixing breakage. Plus, it can be used for your face and your hair. When applied to your hair, the oil will not only moisturize but also promote hair growth. On your face, the product reduces inflammation and helps calm acne. The omega-9 fatty acids in the oil are all natural and the product has so many more benefits. Plus, the simultaneous benefits for one’s hair and skin makes it a great investment.

4. Vitamin E & C Pills

The benefits of Vitamin E and C pills are remarkable. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that aids in anti-aging and helps skin glow. Vitamin C aids in the regrowth and repair of skin tissue. While it aids your body in many ways, Vitamin C aids in forming collagen and increasing moisture. Both vitamins, which can be taken in pill or oil form found in your local drugstore, help to maintain moisturized and glowing skin throughout the winter. 

5. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin

Finding a cleanser that retains moisture can often be difficult. However, Cerave’s cleanser is a staple step in anyone’s skincare routine that is focused on combating dry skin. It is great for removing makeup, clearing up skin, and still hydrates the skin after all of this. It won’t overstrip your skin of its natural oils or make it feel dried out, thus making it a great addition to your winter skincare. 

Brown University, Class of 2023
Katharine is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Brown chapter. She is a Junior concentrating in Public Policy.