Life > High School

I Got Into My Top Two College Choices…Now What?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Congratulations are definitely in order! College acceptances are a reason to celebrate with loved ones. Your accomplishments and all of those sleepless nights have amounted to an acceptance. Seeing the confetti on your screen takes a huge weight off your shoulder, but you are not out of the woods yet. If you applied early to your school, your choice has been set. If you applied to multiple schools, you will have to make a big decision soon: Where will you call home for the next four years?

Having two schools tug on your heartstrings complicates your ability to make a decision. You could see yourself excelling in either school with a big smile. Making a decision on this scale takes work. The question becomes how you pick between two amazing options.

The choice is all up to you. There are several factors that you consider when applying to schools. Everyone’s list is different, but school size, concentration, resources, and location can all play a role. Now that you get the ultimate say, I recommend reviewing the original list. Recall why you applied to the schools you did. Remember why you were so passionate about your application. It helps to read over the supplements you created and get a feel for the school. If you can, reach out to students or try to tour the campus to see if you feel the vibes. Sometimes you know the moment you step foot on campus.

I was in your shoes not too long ago. It was an internal battle, but a voice always whispered about where I should attend. Call it a gut feeling, but I knew I had to listen to it. At Brown University, I have met my greatest friends, been challenged academically in the best way possible, and have had access to amazing opportunities.

Wherever you go, whatever decision you make, it will feel right. As you march through the years and cement yourself into your undergraduate experience, you will realize there is no other place for you. It was a perfect match! Congratulations once again!

Samantha is a junior from New York City studying Neurobiology. Apart from her work in lab, she enjoys reading, petting the neighborhood dogs, and drinking matcha lattes.