This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

When it comes to spring break, most people think about traveling. Depending on where you are, most people would decide to have their spring break in a warm area (The classic Miami trip) or even a staycation. Here is how to plan a successful spring break: 

(If you are not planning for a staycation) Picking the flights: 

ALWAYS book on a Tuesday, unsure why this is, but tickets are cheaper. Since most breaks are about a week-long, most people decide to go the weekend and not a Tuesday. You should consider how long it will take you to “transition” from vacay to regular school mode. Some people take a couple of days and others maybe the night before school, and either way, plan your trip accordingly. When in doubt of budget, spirit airline is a risk you might have to take. 

The playlist:

Nothing else would put you into the spring break mood than the playlist. Whether it is a road trip, beach vacation, or a staycation, your playlist might determine how relaxing, refreshing, or enjoyable your break might be. 

Beach vacay:

Heat Waves by Glass Animals, It’s in the title. It may not be June, but if you are already at the beach might as well think of it as a summer vacation. 

Road trip: 

Summer Days by Martin Garrix, have you ever wanted to be part of those music videos when someone is putting their arms out of the car with sunglasses? This is the perfect song for that. 

Staycation: 

Better Days by NEIKED, overplayed? Maybe, but it still makes you smile when you want to reboot from a stressful semester. 

People: 

Maybe you haven’t seen some of your friends from home. It is always hard to keep in touch when your schedules are not aligned, and there is nothing wrong with using this time to catch up with them. 

Sometimes you would want to use your break to decompress from exams or the semester in general, and there is no problem with doing that alone. Self-care is key to making this break successful.

I am a Vietnamese-American woman and a member of the LGBTQIA+ community. I am also a potential Political Science and Economics major with a passion for human rights, on my free time I run a podcast with a few friends called 508Discussions.