This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

A charcuterie board provides the ideal assortment of hors d’oeuvres to welcome guests to a festive gathering. Whether over Thanksgiving or during the holiday season, a charcuterie board is a simple, creative, and delicious way to warmly kick off an evening. 

These are the foundational elements of the perfect charcuterie board: 

• Flavored cracker selection: Look for dill, well-seasoned, & pumpkin-inspired crackers. 
  • Roasted nuts: Roast salted almonds are always a fan favorite. 
  • Dried fruit & figs: Mission figs are a sweet addition to any charcuterie board. 
  • Complimentary cheeses: My favorites are parmesan, white cheddar, & provolone. 
  • Fresh grapes
  • Fig spread, honey butter, or whipped cheese

The display of the charcuterie board is the most important part of the appetizer! Look for inspiration on Pinterest or TikTok and ignite your creativity when you finalize and compile all the tasty elements. 

Check out @hercampusbrown TikTok for my Thanksgiving charcuterie board preparation and presentation:)

Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.