This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

The holiday season is right around the corner, which entails the excitement of both receiving and giving gifts. All year long I will compile lists of things I want or perfect gifts to give to others. However, when this time of year comes around, I can’t seem to remember any of it! I can guess that I’m not alone, which is why I’ve compiled a list of great gifts and places that are perfect for a great holiday gift!

For a cooking connoisseur

I do not claim to be an expert in the kitchen, but I love the people in my life who are. What better way to treat those who love to cook and entertain than by getting them some new tools? A great charcuterie board can be perfect for a friend who loves to entertain and indulge in a great assortment of cheeses, meats, and artisan breads! Even better is one that is personalized, and Mark and Graham has a great one! Or maybe they prefer sweet to savory food, in which case I would recommend a set of adorable pie molds, or a cake kit from the viral Flour Shop!

For your fancy, ‘hard-to-please’ friend

Everyone knows someone who seems to have everything. Even so, there’s always a quirky or eccentric gift that they would have never thought of! Perhaps a highly rated alcoholic brand, like Plymouth Gin, and an accompanying chic and eye-catching decanter, like one found on West Elm! Or maybe they prefer luxurious items, no matter how small. In this case, buy them a fun eye mask with their initials (Jessica Russell Flint has great ones!) or a decadent PJ set from Sleeper or Karon Mabon! Also remember, you can never go wrong with a great stationary set!

For a fashion and design lover

Sometimes it might feel intimidating buying something stylish for your fashion-obsessed friend! But there are plenty of gifts that are universally adored and trendy. Perhaps buy a great coffee table book for them to add to their collection! Check out the Books with Style collection or Surf Safari, where all proceeds are donated to African surf therapy organizations! Maybe they’d prefer something they can wear, in which case I’d recommend a fun hair accessory (like a Lele Sadoughi headband), or some warm, luxurious, and faux fur items for the cold months (Jocelyn has the softest gloves)!

For the devout intellectualAlthough a NYTimes bestselling book might seem like the perfect choice for your beloved bookworm friend, they are sure to receive plenty of these. Instead, there are plenty of other options outside of the box! If you’re willing to splurge, buy them a portable LED Candlelight which flickers like a real brass candlestick, or a cozy Barefoot Dreams blanket that they can curl up in and read a new book! Or maybe buy them a fun philosopher coffee mug or a challenging and diabolical 500 piece puzzle, like the ones found on Fred!

Brown University, Class of 2023