This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Nothing goes better with autumn than pumpkins. The crunchy leaves outside lend themselves to a healthy pumpkin obsession once the weather starts to chill. As for me, I have to get an honorary PSL to celebrate the start of the fall season. To add a little more spice into our lives, I’ve included some recipes that feature the star of the show: pumpkin. 

Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Seeds

If you’re a fan of almonds or cashews (like I am), you have to try these pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds. It’s double the pumpkin for double the fun. Plus, it’s the perfect pick-me-up snack for those midafternoon cravings. You can stick them in a ziplock baggie and munch them on the way to class. It doesn’t get any better than that. 

Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Nutmeg Whipped Cream 

Are you more of a waffles or pancakes enthusiast? Whatever the response, you’re in luck. You’ll be able to easily transform this pumpkin pancake mix into whatever you desire. Nothing beats the fresh smell of pancakes in the morning. Adding pumpkin gives it the extra boost you need to carry you through the day. The best part is the nutmeg-whipped cream that blends beautifully with the flavor profiles of the pancakes. 

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins 

Calling all lovers of chocolate chip muffins. I am a big fan of chocolate chip anything, from cookies and muffins to ice cream. Now, we can welcome the fall season in style by adding a pinch of pumpkin seasoning. I can already imagine the delicious scents from the oven as I wait for these muffins to finish cooking. If that made your tummy grumble, make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

Pumpkin Spice Ice Pops

I always crave ice cream every season of the year. Luckily for me (and you), I found the delicious fusion of pumpkin and ice cream: pumpkin spice ice pops. Think of it like eating pumpkin pie on a stick and chilling to perfection. The sweet condensed milk brings all the flavors together, a mesh of all things pumpkin blending on your taste buds. 

Crema de Calabaza

Boo! With any leftover pumpkin, you may have from Halloween festivities, you can make a delicious crema, or soup, out of it. This recipe is an homage to my Colombian culture and is always a hit. Nothing gets better than a bowl of soup on a cold, rainy day. To me, this is a comfort dish that brings about South American cuisine and screams autumn. 

These are just five recipes out there to explore this fall season. They are quick and easy to make, even from the comfort of your dorm kitchen. You’ll have everyone wanting a piece of your culinary creations.

Happy cooking! 

Samantha is a junior from New York City studying Neurobiology. Apart from her work in lab, she enjoys reading, petting the neighborhood dogs, and drinking matcha lattes.