This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

This weekend, my friends and I ventured across the pedestrian bridge to the hot new restaurant, Bayberry Garden. Serving dinner and brunch on weekends, this spot comes highly recommended on food blogs and by Brown students. The menu is an interesting mix of different cuisines, but all dishes are intended to be eaten “family style,” or shared among friends. We tried a bunch of different plates, and here’s what we thought!

1. One Dozen Oysters. 5/10. I consider myself an oyster snob, but these really did not live up to expectations. They were good, but not great.
  2. House Pickles. 7/10. These come as pickled vegetables, not the classic cucumber variety. The pickled cauliflower was my personal favorite in this assortment that was definitely a good palate cleanser.
  3. Hush Puppies. 8/10. You MUST order these. Delicious!
  4. Brussel Sprouts. 9/10. Absolutely delicious. My Canadian roommate claims the flavor is identical to Ruffles “All Dressed” chips that we don’t have in the states. Either way, this was one of the best dishes we had.
  5. Maccheroncini. 10/10. This pasta dish did not disappoint. It had more fall flavors with squash and pistachio, but we were happy to eat it no matter the season.
  6. Crispy Ora King Salmon.10/10. I would go back just for this dish!
  7. Flank Steak. 8/10. I’m not normally one to order steak, but this plate was really good. The meat was served with a white bean sauce and grilled sourdough that really made it worthwhile.
  8. Chocolate Stout Cake. 10/10. Chocolate cake with peanut-butter-sea-salt frosting? What’s not to love?
Maddie is a junior at Brown from Connecticut. She is concentrating in Economics.